1/2 (half) a large Onion finely chopped
100g Nuts (Pecans or Almonds)
50g Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin or Linseed)
100g Halved, pip-less Olives
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Wholewheat flour
1/2 (half) cup Plain flour
1tsp Bicarb of Soda (Baking Soda)
* Preheat oven to a moderate 180 degrees C
* Fry onions, nuts and seeds in a little butter
* Combine Buttermilk and eggs.
* Add onions, olives, nuts and seeds. Mix together with a spoon.
* Sift Flours, bicarb and salt into the mixture. Fold in with a spoon.
* Spoon mixture into a greased loaf pan approximately 11cm x 18cm.
* Bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes.
* If, (like me) the entire of your tiny town does not stock wholewheat flour. You can substitute by using 1/2 cup bran and 1 cup plain flour. Instead of the 1 cup wholemeal and 1/2 cup plain flour as the recipe states.
* Try Feta and mixed herbs instead of the olives and seeds. Or whatever you fancy.
* Another lovely option to to use chopped zucchini (courgette / baby marrow) instead of the olives.
* For nutritional info, and the shopping list you will need for this recipe, click on the "magic" button
This Post links to:
Fab Bread and Pizza Recipes Pinterest
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with any of the below:
The Creative Home and Garden Hop
Mix it up Monday
On Display Monday
Brag About It
Natural Living Link-up
From the Farm Blog Hop
DIY Sunday Showase
All my Bloggy Friends
Pinterest Power Party
Wonderful Wednesday Bloghop
Not so Wordless Wednesday
Friday Follow Along Party
TGIF Link Party
I Love my Post
Pin It Saturday Party
Pincentive Blog Hop
This post was featured on:
TGIF Link Party