100g (about 2/3 Cup) Hazelnuts
100g Sesame Seeds
2 Tbls (30ml) Cumin Seeds
2 Tbls (30ml) Coriander Seeds
1 tsp (5ml) Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp (5ml) Flaky Sea Salt (I used Maldon)
1 Tbls (15ml) Paprika
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Turmeric
Large pinch of dried ground ginger
|Some of the ingredients for the dukkah|
* Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Dry roast the nuts, and seeds in the pan, stirring until a lovely golden colour (about 2 minutes or so)
* Place the nuts and seeds in a food processor and whizz until coarsely chopped.
* Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
* Adjust salt to taste
* Store in an air tight container.
* And voila - that is it. So easy and so delicious!
|Food processing the spice|
* You can substitute the Hazelnuts for Pistachio nuts, or almonds
* Add as a spice to curries, stews over meat for a braai (bbq).
* Lovely sprinkled over a fresh salad
* Add a pinch a chilli powder or cayenne pepper, for a bit of a bite.
* Traditional served with crusty home bread and olive oil.
* For more fabulous recipe ideas have a look at my recipe index page
* For nutritional info, and the shopping list you will need for this recipe, click on the "magic" button
This post links to:
Fabulous Savoury Recipes Pinterest
Fabulous Food Recipes G+
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below:
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Real Family Fun
Create it Thursday
Natural Living Link up
Home Acre Hop
Feature Friday Linky Party
From The Farm Blog Hop
TGIF Link Party
I Love my Post
Pin it Saturday Link Party
Blog Hop Blitz
DIY Sunday Showcase
Sweet and Savoury Sunday
Mix it up Monday
See ya in the Gumbo
Favourite Blogger Recipes Pinterest
Creative Home and Garden Hop
On Display Monday
Pincentive Blog Hop
Brag about it
Tuesday with a Twist
All my Bloggy friends
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
Pinterest power party
Down Home Blog hop
Saturday Show and Tell
Strut your Stuff Saturday Link Party