2 Tbls (30ml) Cornflour (Maizena)
Pinch of Nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
150g grated cheese (cheddar or gouda is fine)
Extra grated cheese for the top
* Bring salted water to the boil. Add Broccoli and Cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes until just tender, do not over-cook. Drain and put into an oven proof dish.
* In the same pot (as to not overdo the wash load!) heat up the milk over medium heat
* Mix the cornflour in a cup with a little of the cold milk to form a runny paste. Add to the pot of milk
* Stir with an egg whisk until milk thickens (about 10minutes). Add the nutmeg, cheese, salt and pepper.
* Pour over the cauliflower and Broccoli. Add the extra cheese on top.
* Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for about 35 minutes or until lightly brown on the top.
Serves 8 (as a side dish)
Tips and Suggestions:
* For added flavour, add some fried onions before pouring over the white sauce
* Sprinkle with paprika just before adding to the oven.
* For more fabulous ideas have a look at my recipe index page
This post links to:
Please visit my "I link to... Page" To link up with the blogs below
Fabulous Savoury Recipes Pinterest
DIY Sunday Showcase
All my Bloggy Friends
Brag About It
Create it Thursday
From the Farm
I Love my Post
The Gathering Spot
Show me what you Got
Home Acre Hop