|Macaroni and tomato Cheese|
500g macaroni pasta
dash of olive oil
625ml (2 and half cups) milk
45ml (3 Tbls) cornflour
salt, white pepper and nutmeg
375ml (1 and half cups) grated Cheddar Cheese
30ml (2 Tbls) grated Parmesan cheese
10ml (2 tsp) Dijon Mustard
4 fresh Tomatoes sliced
1 bunch fresh Spinach leaves chopped
|Macaroni layered with fresh tomato and spinach|
* Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
* Cook the Macaroni in boiling salted water as per packet instructions. Drain and stir in a bit of Olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
* In a small bowl or mug: add the cornflour. Mix to a runny paste with a little of the milk.
* In a saucepan: Heat up the milk. Add the cornflour paste, and mix with a whisk until thick and smooth on medium heat.
* Add and mix in: the salt, pepper, nutmeg, half of the cheese, Parmesan and the mustard.
* Add the Macoroni and cheese sauce together in a large bowl.
* In a deep sided rectangular casserole dish add: Half the Macaroni Cheese mix. Then add a layer of freshly sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach. Top with the remainder of the mac cheese.
* And finally sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese
* Bake in a moderate oven for about 35 minutes, or until the top is a lovely golden brown.
|Ready to go in the oven|
* Sprinkle a dash of Cayenne pepper on-top to spice it up.
* You can add other veggies such as onion, garlic and peppers.
* For more fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page
* For nutritional info, and the shopping list you will need for this recipe, click on the "magic" button
This post links to:
Fabulous Savoury Recipes Pinterest
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+