100g butter or margerine
1 cup (250ml) sugar
1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla essence
4 Ripe bananas (chopped)
2 cups (500ml) flour
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Salt
2 tsp (10ml) Baking powder
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Bicarb of soda (baking soda)
1/2 Cup (125ml) milk
|Ready to go in the oven|
Heat oven to a moderate 180C
* Cream together the butter and sugar.
* Add the eggs one at a time and beat in.
* Mix in the vanilla essence, and chopped bananas.
* Sift the dry ingredients. Stir into the mixture with a spoon.
* Lastly slowly add the milk, whilst stirring the mixture gently together.
* Pour into a well greased loaf tin and bake for about 1 hour until a sharp knife comes out clean.
* Add a few nuts - about 1/2 cup (pecans are yum) in with the mashed bananas.
* For more fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page
This post links to:
Fab Bread and Pizza Recipes Pinterest
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Fabulous Twitter Page
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+
Friday Follow along Party
Favourite Blogger Recipes Pinterest
Tuesdays with a Twist