STICKY SWEET CHILLI and TAMARILLO JAM
My garden is full of little bell peppers (like Pepperdews), Chillis and my Tamarillo tree is drooping Tamarillos. So what better way than to utilize them all in a sweet chilli jam. You can substitute the Tamarillos for tomatoes if you like. It is absolutely delicious.
1 Cup (250ml) Tamarillos, skinned and chopped.
1 Cup (25ml) peppers, chopped. ( I used a mix of sweet caspium peppers and chilli peppers)
1 Tbls (15ml) Garlic, crushed.
2 Cups (500ml) Sugar.
1/2 Cup (125ml) White grape vinegar
1 Tbls (15ml) Dark Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbls (30ml) Freshly squeezed lemon Juice
1/2 tsp (5ml) Salt
- Put all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan
- Keep on a low heat stirring occasionally until all the sugar has turned to liquid.
- Turn up slightly and simmer for about 45 minutes until the jam turns syrupy.
- Test a bit on a spoon, the cooled liquid on the spoon must be thickish and syrupy but it will thicken even more on cooling.
- Sterilize a jar in boiling water, and pour the warm jam into the jars.
- Makes about 2 cups of jam
- will keep for about a month or so in the fridge
- Can substitute tomatoes for the Tamarillos
This post links to:
Saucy, Dippy, Jammy Recipes Pinterest
Favorite Blogger Recipes Pinterest
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Setting for Four
Fresh Eggs Daily
Best Blog recipes
You might also like:
MEILIE 'PAP' or 'PUTU' This is the staple diet of the majority of South African's, made from maize meal , which is grou...
SWEETCORN BAKE I love this recipe, and I end up making it a lot to go with a braai (barbeque). Really fabulous and different to the norma...
STUFFED CALAMARI TUBES with SWEET CHILLI Ingredients for the stuffing 2 Tbls (15ml) oil 1 Onion 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic 1 sm...
DELICIOUS RICH TOMATO LAMB STEW Winter is on it's way sneaking into our normally warm Northern KZN climate. Stews are a real winter wa...
APPLE and PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE This is such a lovely easy desserts, or for tea. Kids love to help with crumbling the butter into the flour -...