I bought some beautiful huge pimento peppers the other day, mainly because I want to try and see if I can get the seeds to grow. I decided on stuffing these beautiful peppers with a stuffing and baking them in the oven - they were delicious. Here's the recipe.
2 large pimento Peppers, halved longways down the center
3 Tbls (45ml) Thick Plain yoghurt
4 sliced brown bread (wholewheat is great), crumbled
1/2 cup (125ml) grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp (5ml) capers
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) yellow mustard seeds, grinded
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) aniseed, grinded
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) cumin, grinded
1/2 tsp (5ml) dried sage
1/2 tsp (5ml) fresh mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- heat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cut the pimento peppers in half longways, remove seeds and pith
- Cut off crusts of bread and crumble with your fingers.
- Add, bread, yoghurt, cheese, and capers to a bowl, stir by hand altogether.
- Grind together the mustard seeds, aniseed and cumin, add to the bread mixture
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix
- Spoon into the peppers
- Baked in a greased pan for about 25 minutes until golden brown on top
- Serve with a lovely fresh garden salad for a light meal or as a side dish to a main meal.
This post Links to:
Fab Savoury Recipes pinterest
This Chick Cooks