I was looking for inspiration for a fantastic thick chunky vegetarian curry recipe, but none particularly appealed to me, So, once again, I fell back on my own inspiration and wanting of good healthy food. I ended up with this wonderful recipe, which I use regularly and adapt according to what's in season. Perfect for a cold rainy evening. It is Vegan, and Gluten Free, and only uses one pot (bonus!). I hope you love it as much as my family does.
1 Onion, quartered and sliced
1 Tbls, Garlic crushed
1 Tin Tomato diced (410 grams)
1 Tbls (15 ml) Tumeric
1 Tbls (15 ml) Curry powder
1 t (5 ml) Fenugreek
1 t (5 ml) yellow mustard seeds
1 cup (250ml) water
1 t vegetable stock
1 handful (about 80 ml) dry lentils
1 handful (about 80 ml) dry soya beans, or beans of your choice
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 Butternut squash, peeled and cubed / about 1 cup pumpkin
5 zucchini / baby marrow, thickly sliced
2 Carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
* Slosh a bit of olive oil into a medium sized pot, enough to coat the bottom
* Add the sliced onions, and fry over medium heat until just turning golden
* Add garlic, fry a bit longer
* Add the tin of diced tomato, and the next 4 ingredient spices.
* Add the water, and veggie stock, as well as the beans, and lentils.
* Simmer for about 20 minutes, then add the potatoes and Butternut (or pumpkin) and simmer
for about another 10 minutes.
* Add the carrots and zucchini, and simmer until the potatoes and butternut are soft enough to easy poke with a knife.
* Add a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper.
* Taste.... add salt, pepper, or more curry powder according to your buds.
|simmering in the pot|
Tips and Suggestions:* For more fabulous ideas have a look at my Yummy Food index page
This Post Links to:
So see where I link up, visit my: "I link-up to... page"