4 Mar 2015

Vegetable Curry

VEGETABLE CURRY
I was looking for inspiration for a fantastic thick chunky vegetarian curry recipe,   but none particularly appealed to me,  So, once again, I fell back on my own inspiration and wanting of good healthy food.   I ended up with this wonderful recipe, which I use regularly and adapt according to what's in season.  Perfect for a cold rainy evening.  It is Vegan, and Gluten Free,  and only uses one pot (bonus!).  I hope you love it as much as my family does.

Vegetarian Curry



Ingredients:
Olive oil
1 Onion, quartered and sliced
1 Tbls, Garlic crushed
1 Tin Tomato diced (410 grams)
1 Tbls (15 ml) Tumeric
1 Tbls (15 ml) Curry powder
1 t (5 ml) Fenugreek
1 t (5 ml) yellow mustard seeds
1 cup (250ml) water
1 t vegetable stock
1 handful (about 80 ml) dry lentils
1 handful (about 80 ml) dry soya beans, or beans of your choice
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 Butternut squash, peeled and cubed / about 1 cup pumpkin
5 zucchini / baby marrow, thickly sliced
2 Carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
*  Slosh a bit of olive oil into a medium sized pot, enough to coat the bottom
*  Add the sliced onions, and fry over medium heat until just turning golden
*  Add garlic,  fry a bit longer
*  Add the tin of diced tomato, and the next 4 ingredient spices.
*  Add the water, and veggie stock, as well as the beans, and lentils.
*  Simmer for about 20 minutes,  then add the potatoes and Butternut (or pumpkin) and simmer
for about another 10 minutes.
*  Add the carrots and zucchini, and simmer until the potatoes and butternut are soft enough to easy poke with a knife.
*  Add a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper.
*  Taste.... add salt, pepper, or more curry powder according to your buds.

simmering in the pot
Tips and Suggestions:
* For more fabulous ideas have a look at my Yummy Food index page

This Post Links to:
So see where I link up, visit my: "I link-up to... page"

4 comments:

  1. Look delicious, really colourful and vibrant dish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish is looking very tasty! I am also learning cooking using online cooking recipes. I would love to make this. Thanks for the recipe of this colorful dish. Keep posting more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!
    chowringhee satya niketan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you kindly for taking the time to comment. Your input is greatly appreciated. Comments will be published after being checked for spam.

You might also like: