Pasta is so lovely to make and the number of sauces that can be made to go with pasta are endless. This is a recipe for a lovely creamy one, nice on a cold winter night.
1 Tbls (15ml Olive oil
6 rashes bacon, chopped small
1/2 onion, chopped finely
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1/2 caspium pepper, chopped
1/2 red chilli, chopped (optional)
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
black pepper, ground
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 tsp cornflour (maizena)
A few squeezes of fresh lemon juice
1 packet Spaghetti (made as per packet instructions)
1 Fresh Avocado (to garnish)
Grated cheese of your choice
- Fry the bacon and onion in the olive oil until the bacon is a golden brown.
- Add the garlic, pepper, chili, and spices.
- Mix the cornflour in a cup with a small amount of cream to form a paste, gradually adding more cream, add to the pan.
- Stir until sauce thickens (about 10 minutes)
- In the interim cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- Add the lemon juice to the sauce once it has thickened.
- Mix the sauce into the spaghetti
- Plate, and garnish with freshly sliced avo and grated cheese
This post links to:
Fab Savoury Recipes Pinterest
The Best blog Recipes
Love Bakes Good Cakes
The Prairie Homestead
Our Delightful Home