This is a Moroccan (North African) spice or paste used as a rub on meat or fish. Or added to stews, soups and curries and wonderful added to cous-cous. This is a recipe out of a friend's cookery book, I have been utilizing ever since.
I like to buy my spices whole and grind them myself, I find the flavour is much more intense and fresh doing it this way.
1 Tbls (15ml) Cumin
2 Tbs (30ml) coriander seeds
1 Tbls (15ml) paprika
1 and 1/2 tsp (7,5ml) dried chilli flakes
4 large cloves garlic, peeled
3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
3/4 cup (185ml) fresh parsley, leaves and stalks
3/4 cup (185ml) fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
3 Tbls (45ml) fresh lemon juice
2 Tbls (30ml) water
1 Tbls (15ml) olive oil
- crush the cumin, coriander seeds.
- Place the cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli into a dry pan and heat until aromatic.
- Place the garlic, ginger and roasted spices in a blender. - Blitz.
- Add the parsley & coriander - blitz again.
- Add the lemon juice, water and olive oil for a final blitz until smooth.
- For a rough paste, just mush it all with a mortor & pestle - this is usually how I do it to save time.
This post is linked to:
Fab Savoury Recipes Pinterest
The Velvet Moon Baker
Flour Me with Love
This Girl Cooks
The Best Blog Recipes
Our Delightful Home
Snippets of Inspiration
You might also like:
MEILIE 'PAP' or 'PUTU' This is the staple diet of the majority of South African's, made from maize meal , which is grou...
SWEETCORN BAKE I love this recipe, and I end up making it a lot to go with a braai (barbeque). Really fabulous and different to the norma...
STUFFED CALAMARI TUBES with SWEET CHILLI Ingredients for the stuffing 2 Tbls (15ml) oil 1 Onion 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic 1 sm...
DELICIOUS RICH TOMATO LAMB STEW Winter is on it's way sneaking into our normally warm Northern KZN climate. Stews are a real winter wa...
APPLE and PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE This is such a lovely easy desserts, or for tea. Kids love to help with crumbling the butter into the flour -...