The smell of fresh bread baking in an oven is one of those simple irresistible smells. This is a simple bread recipe which can then have almost anything added to it. I find that by adding the bicarb of soda the bread seems to be softer and lasts longer.
500g white bread flour
1 tsp (5ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) sugar
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) Bicarbonate of soda
1 sachet dry instant yeast granules
3 Tbls (45ml) Olive oil
200ml Luke warm water
10 Anchovy fillets, broken up
1 Tbls (15ml) capers
1/2 cup olives, pip-less, and sliced
* Sieve the flour, salt, sugar, bicarb of soda and yeast into a mixing bowl
* Make a well in the center and add the olive oil, olives, anchovies and capers
* Mix on low speed with a dough hook, or knead by hand.
* whilst kneading, slowly add in the water.
* Knead for about 10 minutes.
* Cover top of bowl with some glad wrap and a kitchen towel.
* Leave to rise till doubled in size in a warmish spot (about 45 minutes)
* Knock back down, knead again for a few minutes.
* shape into the shape you wish, or put into a floured pan, or a large ceramic pot.
* Leave to rise until doubled again.
To Top (optional)
* I like to sprinkle things on top at this stage, like maldon salt, or feta, or more olives.
* Bake for about 50 minutes in a 190 degree C oven
This Post links to:
Fab Bread pizza Recipes Pinterest
Favorite Blogger Recipes Pinterest
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below:
Real Family Fun
Tips and Titbits
Natural Living Link up
Fun in the Sun
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pin It Party
Create It Thursday
The Gathering Spot
Show me what you got
All my Bloggy Friends
Mix It Up Monday
Brag about it
Saturday Show and Tell
Tuesdays with a Twist
My Favourite Posts Show off
You might also like:
MEILIE 'PAP' or 'PUTU' This is the staple diet of the majority of South African's, made from maize meal , which is grou...
SWEETCORN BAKE I love this recipe, and I end up making it a lot to go with a braai (barbeque). Really fabulous and different to the norma...
STUFFED CALAMARI TUBES with SWEET CHILLI Ingredients for the stuffing 2 Tbls (15ml) oil 1 Onion 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic 1 sm...
APPLE and PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE This is such a lovely easy desserts, or for tea. Kids love to help with crumbling the butter into the flour -...
This is a very typical South African dessert. Quick, simple, very yummy and looks fabulous! Ingredients: 3 Peppermint Crisps 1 P...