Pancakes remind me of lovely Lazy Sunday mornings at home. Hot pancakes with cinnamon & lemon is just such a wonderful weekend breakfast treat.
1 Tbls (15ml) Sugar
125g Cake Flour
Pinch of salt
Butter for frying
- Cream together the eggs and sugar, gradually stir in milk
- In a separate bowl, Sift Flour and salt.
- add, egg, milk mixture gradually to flour mixture, beating continuously.
- Continue beating for about 2 minutes, then allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Ladle some batter into the pan, swirling the pan to get a thin even layer covering the surface.
- Cook for about 1 minute until mixture has set, turn over and cook another minute.
- transfer to a plate, and pile them up in an oven to keep warm. set at about 80 degrees C.
- sprinkle with cinnamon, lemon juice and sugar and roll up.
- or how about yoghurt and honey for a real breakfast treat.
- or get decadent with berries and cream.
This Post Links to:
Fab Sweet Recipes Pinterest
The Best Blog Recipes
Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs
You might also like:
MEILIE 'PAP' or 'PUTU' This is the staple diet of the majority of South African's, made from maize meal , which is grou...
SWEETCORN BAKE I love this recipe, and I end up making it a lot to go with a braai (barbeque). Really fabulous and different to the norma...
STUFFED CALAMARI TUBES with SWEET CHILLI Ingredients for the stuffing 2 Tbls (15ml) oil 1 Onion 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic 1 sm...
APPLE and PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE This is such a lovely easy desserts, or for tea. Kids love to help with crumbling the butter into the flour -...
This is a very typical South African dessert. Quick, simple, very yummy and looks fabulous! Ingredients: 3 Peppermint Crisps 1 P...