SPINACH QUICHE - The best ever!
This is one of the most fabulous spinach quiche recipes ever. Not the quickest but oh-so-worth-it!
My brother had a photo of a scrap piece of paper with this recipe scribbled down on it, and he very kindly
whipped it up for us for lunch using fresh spinach out my veggie garden.
5ml Castor Sugar
2.5ml Lemon juice
1 Egg yolk
20ml Iced water
- Sift Flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice.
- Rub butter with fingers into the flour.
- Beat egg yolk with 15ml of the iced water.
- Make a well in the flour and add liquid. Mix. Then Knead. Add more water if necessary.
- Wrap in plastic and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pat into a dish (22cm).
- Prick with a fork and bake at 220°C for 15 minutes.
500g Frozen spinach (or 400g fresh)
Salt & pepper to taste
250g creamed cottage cheese
250g chunky cottage cheese (or feta)
70g parmesan cheese
- Cook spinach with butter until all the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste. Allow to cool.
- Lightly beat eggs and add together with cheeses and cream.
- Add nutmeg. Decorate with fresh sage.
- Pour into pastry case and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes or until the crust is brown and filling set.