3 Dec 2013

Chocolate Oat Cookies

This is one of those fab, easy delicious and healthy (well almost)  recipes, that kids and adults alike just love.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
110g butter or margerine
170g brown sugar
1 egg
5ml vanilla essence
100g oats
140g cake flour
15g cocoa powder
1ml salt
2,5ml (1/2tsp) baking powder
2,5ml (1/2tsp) bicarb of soda (baking soda)



Method:
*  Pre-heat the oven to a moderate temp of 180C
*  Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy
*  Add the egg and continue beating,  beat in the vanilla essence.
*  Stir in the oats with a spoon.
*  Sift in the flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder and bicarb.  Stir into the mixture with a spoon until well combined.
*  Place spoonfuls of the mixture (about the size of a walnut)  onto a greased baking pan about 5cm apart.
*  Bake in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack.

Tips and Suggestions:
*  Add a few nuts - about 1/2 cup (broken pecans are yum) when you mix in the flour
*  For more fabulous recipe ideas have a look at this recipe index page


References, Additional Reading and Shopping:
Please kindly have a look at my "My Favourite things Store".
Here you will find a collection of hand-picked books (most of which are on my bookshelf) where I get a lot of information for my posts.  You will also find the items required to make a lot of the products found on my blog.   All my favourite things!!! 
(I receive a small commission for items purchased through my store - Thanks in advance for the support.)


This post links to:
Fab Sweet Recipes
Fabulous Farm Living G+
Fabulous Facebook Page
Fabulous Twitter Page
Please visit my "I link to... Page" to link up with the sites below
Recipes G+
Recipe Sharing Community G+
Foodies Online G+
Food Bloggers G+
Google+ Share Tribe G+
Four Seasons Blog Hop
Freedom Friday
Weekend Blog Hop
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pincentive BlogHop
Gathering Spot
Turn It up Tuestdays
Scoop
Show me what you got
Awesome Things Tuesday
Brag About It
Tasty Tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. Oats are very delicious... I like your post and very thanks for sharing this recipe & a healthy food guide too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you kindly for taking the time to comment. Your input is greatly appreciated. Comments will be published after being checked for spam.

You might also like: